Friday, July 22, 2011

Pinterest

New obsession. Some of you may have heard some of your friends talk about it, heard it mentioned on tv, or have read about it on other discussion boards (i.e. ProTeacher Community...those women are obsessive!). A couple months back, my friend Catelyn sent me an invite to Pinterest. At the time, I was busy with wrapping up school and moving to NC for the summer so I didn't have a chance to dive into it at the time. However, the other day I saw all these teachers on ProTeacher Community writing about it and wanting "an invite." So I figured now is the time to really see what this website is about--there's no way it can be better than Google Image Search.

Oh my macrole, it is. I am addicted. Well, I wouldn't say addicted but this is WAY better than Google Image Search. On Pinterest you can set up different board interest (like collages) and search through other people's boards to pin their image to your inspiration board. For example, one of my boards is Home Collections (or something of that nature) and I have started collecting images of things I would like for our home. I find this way intriguing and a better use of my time. I have stumbled across some neat ideas and designs for not only the home but for the classroom. There are other areas I want to explore on Pinterest, such as the food section and fashion but that will come later. I just love that it organizes my images on boards instead of me having to create a file folder on my computer and filing them that way. Maybe I'm just lazy. But I am definitely hooked on Pinterest. Dern you, ProTeacher Community members and Catelyn.

1 comment:

Cateisabookworm said...

Pinterest is dangerous. It's so addictive. Glad you are enjoying it Jess.