Monday, March 9, 2009

First Monday Morning

Last night before I went to bed I was worried that I wasn't going to get up in time in the morning to make it to school. When I lived with mom, I was literally only a mile away from work. But now I'm 15 minutes away from work.

I set my alarm at 5:30 to wake up but I didn't get up till 5:50. One thing I don't like about the apartment is that I have to put Josie on a leash and walk her around the apartments till she does her business. And considering the pot-smoking mexicans living below us, I have to be on guard at all times...especially in the dark.

Well, I'm half a sleep, in my robe, with my phone in hand, ready to dial 911 if anyone attacks me. We're walking around the courtyard, shuffling along, when I hear...

"OOOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYY"

And I jump about 10 feet in the air. One of our downstairs neighbor was on her balcony (why at 5:50 AM I have no clue) and saw Josie. She then preceded to tell me how small and cute Josie was and just had to get a better look at her.

Goooood gracious. Do you think next time you could NOT scare me out of my skin like that???

Oh, and I made it in PLENTY of time to work. I got to work in 15 minutes, and had plenty of time to get my stuff done before the kids came in. GO ME.

No comments: