Sunday, March 8, 2009

Moving




Moving = Exhaustion.

We moved Friday to our new apartment in Duncan. I was so excited that morning. I kept jumping on the bed until Josh woke up. Then I screamed/sang "Rise and Shine..Give God the GLORY GLORY" to Christina and Will at 8 AM. Needless to say, I was PUMPED.

Well that died at like 12. We got Christina's stuff moved (mind you, she was not packed when we arrived) and stopped to eat at "The Crack" (Cracker Barrell. Apparently that's what Duncan people call it). We decided to call to tell the apartment people we were on our way...well I'm glad we did. We got to the apartments, signed our lease and OH! The office people can't find the apartment keys. Hmmm...I wonder where they would be? Oh that's right...the maintenance people have them because our apartment was still being FREAKIN CLEANED. The walls were wet from fresh paint, they were about to steam clean the carpet so we couldn't move in for 3 more hours.

We were NOT happy. So we talked to the people, and they gave us another apartment. By the time all that got situated out, it was after 3. (And they gave us our first month free)

Grrrr...

Came back here, to grab my stuff (Thank the Lord for Blake and Mandy) and we dumped my stuff finally at the apartment.

In the midst of all of this, I had to call Duke to get the power switched (and you know that cannot be just a 2 minute phone call) and call Charter to get our address switched. They were scheduled to come Friday on move in day to hook the cable up. But because we switched apartments, they had to place a whole new order which means no cable and internet until Tuesday.

Grrrr....

3 more trips to Wal-Mart, a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond (which I'll have to return that stuff now), Target and Dollar Tree I was dun-zo Saturday.

But I couldn't help but feel a little homesick. Holly said that was normal since my apartment isn't quite "home" yet.

We still have so much to do. We need more stuff for the living room but I'm out of money right now. I didn't want Josh to leave this afternoon because it's lonely at the apartment with no tv, internet...nothing to entertain me. (So, sorry darlin for being a jerk today.) I guess I could go to the fitness center and work out and run to watch my shows...

The good thing is that Lo is literally a mile away from me now and Mandy/Blake are maybe 10 minutes from me. So I do have friends in Duncan.

On another note, I'm here at Mom's drying towels and doing laundry because our dryer doesn't work. That's something else we gotta figure out.

Just think...I gotta do all of this a year from now...oooho joy.

No comments: