Monday, June 15, 2009

Porch Sit

porchImage by ni dieu ni maître! via Flickr


Can I tell you that I love to porch sit?

I think this interest in "porch sitting" came when I was a senior at WU and we would sit on the porch at night on good ole North Wilson Street--the house that was one side ghetto and the other side campus. Alli and I would sit and talk (half the time me in a t-shirt and underwear which completely embarassed Alli) or the stupid games we would play ($10 inflatable kid games at Target are the best). Not to mention Alli's obsession one night trying to jump the steps by taking a running head start. Or the night some of Emily's sorority sisters broke into the house at the back and was throwing shoes at us on the porch which caused Emily and I to jump the porch and land in those stupid bushes which caused many bruises and scrapes. And of course I would sit out there and read in the hammock chair.

When I moved back home I missed the porch. Mom has a screened in porch but what fun is it to sit on the porch by yourself? Plus it's normally cluttered with pool stuff throughout the year.

The other day I went over to Lisa's and porch sat with her while it was raining. I had so much fun. Then last Saturday I did porch sit with Jenny, Natalie, and Josh while it was storming. It was so nice, cooling, and relaxing. Made me miss the porch. (I've noticed the last few times it's been raining while I porch sat. Dunno what that means)

Well now I have a porch back! I went off to Ingles and found me 2 lounge chairs (pink and orange) to sit in. We also have put our small little plants and our large Jesus of Nazarene tree on the porch which are barely surviving in this heat. But I have just loved sitting out here. As soon as I got up this morning I fixed my coffee, came out here, sat, and made some phone calls.

I'm loving the porch as I sit here and make this post.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: