Monday, July 27, 2009

S.L.U.T.S.

No I don't mean the trash that walks around Howard St in Spartanburg. Or those girls in high school that bend over with their thong hanging out, which are notoriously known for giving it up at the drop of a hat.

I mean Southern Ladies Under Tremendous Stress.

I found this saying at The Lady & Sons in Savannah, GA. I bought the koozie at Paula Deen's place. I love it! Because it describes me to a tee. Especially for the next couple of weeks.

With me facing two more weeks till school starts, I have things I have to check off in my head that I need to get done. I like to make lists but rarely do I actually "check things off."

I still want a vacation with just me and Josh. We have yet to venture off by ourselves for the weekend to just relax. Any suggestions?

There are still some things I want get for the classroom but that can high be taken care of in one afternoon with be running all over Spartanburg.

A NEW TIRE. Freakin' a. Every time I turn around I gotta get a new tire. Which reminds me I got to call Discount Tire to find out if they have my tire I need. I mean, my rims or "shoes" are just so big that they have to special order a tire for me. Humorous right? I think so.

Re organize my closet so it's set and ready for the school year. My shoes have just piled up and my clothes are a jumbled mess hanging or stacked on my t-shirt drawer.

Take care of some minor bills. Boo.

Seems like there is more to do. But I know in the next couple of weeks I don't need to be a S.L.U.T.S. I need to be a Southern Lady With No Worries. What acronym is that? S.L.W.N.W.? Um that's not as catchy. Anyways, I just know when school starts one of my classes for grad school will be ending so it's going to be a train wreck.

But it's all in how you manage it too I guess. I start Boot Camp this week or as Scott likes to say, "Booty Camp." I'm excited but really nervous because I know it is going to take a toll on my body. So that's one stress reliever. When I worked at Carowinds, Amanda and I had a punching clown bag in our office. When you punched it, it would pop back up. We always gave it a good punch when we were called down to HR to an interview that would be pointless or into the park to lead the mexicans around to their respectful working positions. I might have to invest in another one of those.


Lord help me.

No comments: