Friday, July 20, 2007

Here we go




I'll be honest. I'm not a big blogger fan. I mean, I admire those that do blog but I can never keep up with blogs. I don't even keep up with my checking account.

But with me taking off in less than 5 days to Colombia, South America I decided (and there has been requests) for me to blog so I can keep in touch with others and so that people at home can see what we do everyday because you know it's gonna be an adventure. And Mandy and Blake gave me a hand journal to write in also so I'm hoping that will motivate me even more to keep up on things.

It's Friday evening and Mom and Dad have already gone to bed. They're leaving for Charleston and Jax in the morning. I'm hitching a ride with Uncle Dave and Aunt Diane Monday to go down to the beach for a couple of days. And then Wednesday, the 25th, Dad, Papi and I myself leave for Colombia. Dad estimates if the weather is "good and decent with no smog" we should arrive in Colombia at the apartment around 11 pm. It's gonna be a long day.

But I'm excited. I don't show it, but I'm excited. Lord knows what Papi has planned for us. I know it involves some horseback riding, fancy dinners, THE FLOWER FESTIVAL/PARADE (that's what I'm REALLY excited about), hiking, touring, pictures, bakeries, and what not. Try packing for 3 weeks for all of that.


It's going to be a fun trip. Too bad I can't pack Allison B in my suitcase. We came close but maybe another fun trip!


Please keep me in your prayers! If you know anything about my grandfather and my dad, we're going to need guardian angels thats for sure. I'm not that nervous about flying--it's going through customs and something random happen to me because random is my middle name. And Dad sucks at going through customs. But alas, it'll be ok!

With me being the biggest quote fanatic, I'm going to leave on this quote.

We should come home from adventures, and perils, and discoveries everyday with new experience and character. Henry David Thoreau

No comments: