Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Yo soy enferma!


The kitchen.


The view of the living room and dinning room.


The living room of the apartmento.

I've been sick the last couple of days. I was fine Sunday evening when I got back from my little adventure in the mountains. But Monday morning I woke up with a stuffy nose, extremely sore and dry throat, and a headache. I stayed in all day, which was a bummer. I just felt like poo! I haven't been getting a whole lot of sleep at night because I've been sleeping in the last couple of days since I didn't feel well. I think I finally fell asleep about 2:30 or 3 AM Colombia time.

But Dad woke me up early, I got a shower, and I'm feeling a little bit better. I'm still really sore from Sunday (I feel abs forming!) and I'm coughing a lot. So please pray for me that God will restore my energy and health.

I'm trying to practice my spanish--somewhat. It hasn't been very successful. I'm just scared to talk because of my southern accent and I've forgotten a lot of verbs and tenses. Needless to say I try to listen in on the conversation and follow along. Sometimes I can, other times I have no clue what is going on. I'm just really struggling--I'm such an outcast. But an outcast can be good. I guess...

I've currently been reading Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. It's about nonreligious thoughts on Christianity. He's talked about how we use Christianity and sometimes we just go through the "verbateum" of speaking about Christ. Before we judge and look at others for doing wrong, we need to look at ourselves. I was just recently reading about Change in our lives. At the end of the chapter, he talks about Paul. Paul had no questions about what God wanted from him. Because of this, he was beaten one day, imprisioned the next, and released to be only beaten again. But yet, he never asked God why. He understood the earth was fallen. He understood that mankind could not save itself--we need to be rescued. We need to trust God. And follow Him. It's a huge responsibility though. It's not easy to trust, especially when you've been hurt and trusted someone, only to find out you've been betrayed. But God wants to preserve us and rescue us--I am wanted by God. Kinda of cool uh?

Today we have quite a busy day. We're going to eat breakfast with some family. Then we're going to eat lunch at the University with Cata. And then we're invited to dinner somewhere else. I'm gonna get fat! "Welcome to the entertaining life of Medellin!" as my father said.

No comments: