Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Can You Hear Me??

What the mess. I've lost my voice. I thought I was coming down with strep because 4 of my students have had strep in the last 2 weeks. BOOO. But I was a good little girl and had our school nurse check me out. (Nurse Beth rocks by the way because she keeps a stash of meds her cabinet for us) She said it didn't look like strep but to rest my voice. Ha. Yeah right. All I've done today was talk, and then try to talk even louder so my students could hear me. Awful. Insane.

On another note, I'm hoping to move out with Steena soon. Hopefully by the spring. Don't get me wrong. I love my mom and we've had some good times but it's time for me to scoot along. Steena and I are looking at apartments to see what we can find. Keep your fingers crossed!

I am excited about this weekend and it's not because it's Valentine's Day but because we're going to the beach!!! YEAH!! I'm praying that I will have overcome whatever I'm fighting by then.

Oh and I got this e-mail from Allie B in India. It totally made me laugh the other morning when I got it. :)

Subject: PYKA IS IN INDIA.
Body: So the other day, I thought I heard a cat screaming...HELLOOOO!!! like Pyka used to do when you didn't feed her in the mornings. Well, I just saw the devil of a cat and heard it screaming. Cats are really rare here, so it's odd that the one talking cat is in our neighborhood. Anyways, if you could send a gun over that would be great. Have a great day at school.

Allie, just know that God has sent you that Pyka sound a like cat for you to remember our great times together and all the memories you and Pyka shared. P.S. The gun is on the way.

I'm just totally rambling. I think I'm going to go find something to eat. If I can't talk, the least I can do is eat, right?

No comments: