Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Will I Ever Ben Caught Up?

My feet have hit the ground this week and I have not stopped running. It has been nonstop.

First of all, I'm moving out in less than 2 weeks. This is way sooner than what I had originally planned. So it's been a whirlwind around here. Cleaning and packing. More cleaning. This weekend will entail more packing. While I'm super excited, it has been really overwhelming.

Secondly, I just coughed up $400 at the eye doctor for new contacts, glasses, and an eye exam. Joy right? The plus is that I got some neato new classes and because of my insurance I saved over $300. So I keep telling myself that's a positive.

Next, my loans for school will not be here till May because we had to move back our start date for the classes which totally bites because I was ready to start ASAP. So this is just more dwindling. It's probably a good thing the start date got pushed back because this will give me more time to settle into the apartment.

Also, I am being audited by the IRS. My fault and I'm paying for it. WONDERFUL.

I just keep telling myself, "Calm down. It will be ok. You will pull through this." I am trying to put some money aside in savings up front so I'm not freaking out in a few weeks about moving. I've been trying to live by my "10-10-80." 10% is tithing, 10% savings, 80% live off of. Man that is hard. I know money shouldn't consume my life but it can be challenging when that's what you depend on.

I had this stressed look on my face today. Robin (my mentor) said, "What's wrong hunny? You look stressed." And I said, "I am not ready financially for all of this." She replied, "Girl, you never will be."

And I'm starting to believe she's right. There is always something that's going to come up. More student loans, debt, payments, this, that, the IRS. Geez. But I look back at when I was in college. I was living off $300-400 a month. That was ROUGH. My one pay check now would equal my money for 4 months in college. I know I should be grateful that I have a job and I can pay my bills. It just gets really overwhelming sometimes for me. But does it ever stop being overwhelming?

Then I start thinking about the future. Josh hates it when I do this. But I start to think-Ok. If I already have this "x" amount of money in student loans and he has this "x" amount this would be put at "xxxx" amount of debt when we get married. Then I just want to fall over and die.

On another note, there's a $200 comforter set I want from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Geezzz I want it so badly. Can I budget it?? It's a really good deal. Especially with a coupon.

do you ever feel really overwhelmed with money? do you have any advice????

No comments: